The Society was founded in 1911 for the collection and publication of archaeological, historical information and materials relating to the then County of Flint.
Many Universities, Institutions and Libraries, both in the United Kingdom and throughout the English speaking world, are subscriber members of the Society and receive our publications. The Society has reciprocal arrangements with a number of similar institutions whereby an exchange of publications is regularly effected.
Locally the Society is represented on a number of Conservation and Archaeological organisations and is called upon regularly by Planning Authorities in cases of applications concerning listed buildings and conservation areas.
The Society is also consulted by researchers, both in the United Kingdom and from abroad, asking for assistance which is always readily given.